Photo and Illustration Guidelines
Submission Requirements and prices
- Contents that can be registered on PIXTA is limited to digital data in the JPEG file format.
*Beginning in January 2013, we made it possible to upload vector and PNG files. >>Vector and PNG files Guideline
- Please convert RAW data and TIFF files to JPEG format before registration.
- For film or print works, please convert them to data via appropriate methods such as scanning.
- Photos taken with cameras built into mobile phones,smartphones or tablet PC cannot be registered.
- Images must have a combined height and width of at least 1301 pixels and 35000 pixels or less to be registered.
We recommend that the image be photographed or created at as large a size as possible, but please avoid excessive resizing of an image after photography or creation, as this may lead to a decrease in image quality.
The file size of JPEG data must be 50MB or less and PNG/EPS data must be 30MB or less per image.
- We only offer compatibility for the RGB image color mode (CMYK is not supported).
- The size of image to be sold are determined by the combined number of pixels of the height and width.
The file size (number of MB or KB etc.) is not considered.
The original size at the time of uploading will be the maximum size that can be sold, and the system will automatically generate smaller sized images.
- All images are sold in resolutions of 300 dpi for M size, and 72 dpi for S size.
We recommend submitting images at a resolution of 300 dpi, but this is not required.
- For composites and collages etc., please decide whether to sell them in the photo or illustration category based on their appearance (i.e.; how the purchaser will interpret and use them).
Sizes and Prices
* 1 Credit is equivalent to $1 >>About Prepaid Credits
* Regarding using a font that is being marketed or free to your selling contents
All contents are for selling as stock contents so a font that is used to your contents need to be available as “Commercial use”.
Concerning “Redistribution”, usually it indicates “To distribute a font data itself”.
In that case, since our contents do not allow customers to edit or use the font itself,
so “To distribute a font data itself” is not be applied.
● Images unsuitable for sale
*Please also see “About Rights and prohibition of contents”.
- Photos whose quality does not meet commercial stock photo standards for focus, exposure, white balance, and composition etc., will be rejected.
- Images that do not meet commercial stock photo quality due to noise, coarseness, or high compression ratio decreasing quality will be rejected.
- Photos judged unsuitable for use as stock photos will be rejected.
- Snap photos will indistinct backgrounds or photos for which many with the same theme are already registered on PIXTA have a high probability of rejection.
- Photos that are difficult to use as “source material” due to the inclusion of unnecessary text such as the date or creator’s name etc., or excessive processing such as retouching or filtering will be rejected.
- Contents that are simply photos processed with an illustration or watercolor filter cannot be registered.
- Illustrations that do not meet commercial stock photo quality due to improper focus during scanning, noise, coarseness, or high compression ratio decreasing quality will be rejected.
- Illustrations with content judged unsuitable for use as a stock photo will be rejected.
- Illustrations that could be easily created by anyone such as simply using the autoshape function in image editing software have a high probability for rejection.
*Please do not register contents created with the use of images whose rights are owned by a third party, such as existing source material collections or patterns included in image editing software. Even for free source material collections and free fonts, there may be restrictions on commercial use, so please exercise sufficient caution.
- Illustrations without sufficient distinctions (e.g.; works that have simply been recolored etc.) will be rejected.
- Illustrations that are difficult to use as “source material” due to the inclusion of text such as the date, creator’s name, or messages unrelated to the illustration’s content etc., or excessive processing such as retouching or filtering will be rejected.